The Pool batch 1 order
The Pool batch 1 Order
Multitimbral Analog Polyphonic Synthesizer
|This item is a order for one The Pool from lot 1 (2023) of thirty The Pool.
And thank you in advance for reading the entire description below before ordering.
The Pool is a unique synthesizer concept featuring a full bi-timbral panel, four bi-timbral voice cards and a two-bus effects unit.
The control panel houses a large 7-inch color capacitive touch screen, 79 potentiometers, 34 encoders and no less than 169 illuminated pushbuttons, all offering a unique and straightforward ergonomics.
Each bi-timbral voice card features:
- 2 analog VCOs (type CEM3340) with wave mixer by VCAs, magnificent "natural" saturation beyond the unit gain accessible via modulations and morphers, sync by VCO or digital generator.
- 2 complex digital generators with classical waves, wavetables, soundfont, additive synthesis, euclidean generator and VCO ADC for complex operations like RING, FM or multiband formants with vowel presets, mixing by VCAs always with this beautiful "natural" saturation beyond the unit gain. You can import your wavetables using the WaveEdit application (https://synthtech.com/waveedit). The import of your own soundfonts will be possible later.
- Hardware Sync from VCO or Digital generator to VCO.
- 1 input for insertion of an external signal before each filter group.
- 2 groups of 2 VCFs (type CEM3320 and CEM3350), Lowpass 12/24 db/Octave, FM via VCO or digital generator for the 3320, Bandpass/Highpass 12 db/Octave for the 3350, serial or parallel, mixes of the two filters and filter groups on each channel. Hardware FM from VCO or Digital generator to filter 3320.
- Two analog envelopes (type CEM3310 with VCA CEM3360) with ajustable/modulable offset (perfect for drone mode) and modulable pan.
- Two digital envelopes with adjustable exponentiality from ultra percussive to linear.
- Three digital LFOS integrating complex waveforms. You can build your own modulations using the WaveEdit application (https://synthtech.com/waveedit).
- For each timbre/channel, the envelope VCA incorporates panning and adjustable offset, ideal for drone modes among others.
"The Pool" is also a unique and exclusive concept to access the modulations. Each potentiometer with a knob underneath is modulable (see picture of the panel). Thus, almost everything can be modulated, from the classics (filter frequency for example) to the more unusual controls (each segment of an envelope for example or CEM3320-CEM3350 mix). You can modulate the attack of the filter envelope by the velocity and/or the wheel and/or several LFOs and/or a movement of your Osmose keyboard, while the speed and amplitude of the LFO will be modulated by the wheel and the aftertouch and another movement of the Osmose. There is no limit to the number of modulations. Each modulation is symmetrical. It can therefore work in both directions. Two morphers, manual modulation sources, allow to be addressed on an unlimited number of destinations. Aisni, with a single command, you can change several parameters simultaneously.
In the Full version with four bi-timbral cards, the following modes are available:
- Polyphonic 8 voices or MPE 8 voices: 1 VCO, 1 complex digital generators, 2 filters, 1 analog envelope, 2 digital envelopes, 3 LFOs per voice.
- 4 voices bitimbral polyphonic or 4 voices MPE: 2 VCOs, 2 complex digital generators, 4 filters, 2 analog envelopes, 2 digital envelopes, 3 LFOs per voice
- Monophonic quadri bitimbral: 8 VCOs, 8 complex digital generators, 16 filters, 8 analog envelopes, 8 digital envelopes, 12 LFOs, each voice card is individually addressable (direct selection on the panel) and mutable.
- Monophonic bi-trimbral Unison (2,3,4 voices). This mode is the same as the Monophonic Bi-Trimbral mode except that all the cards play the same thing with just an adjustable detune.
- Other modes may be offered in the future.
The Pool incorporates optimized support for Osmosis Expressive E and MPE devices.
The Pool is also an exceptional sequencer making the most of the large screen : 16 sequences from 2 to 64 steps, 3 modulation tracks, touch or encoder editing of each step of notes, duration, velocity, ratchet and tempo as well as three tracks usable as modulation. Draw with a finger the evolution of the VCF, the change of the notes duration and even the tempo. Automatic transposition with split management, many scrolling modes, swing type and amplitude, variable harmony and probability, intelligent latch, steps with or without gate, glide, adjustable velocity threshold for trig, Song mode 32 steps 4 tracks, touch editing.
The Pool is again a unique arpeggiator making the most of the large screen : Numerous patterns, scroll orders, range, touch or encoder editing of each step of notes, durations, velocities, ratchets and tempo as well as three tracks usable as modulation. Swing type and amplitude, variable harmony and probability, intelligent sustain and transposition, gated and ungated steps, glide, adjustable velocity threshold for trig.
And at the output, The Pool is two buses and two digital effects units. The buses can be daisy-chained, parallel or independent (dedicated output for each). Each voice card can be addressed to one of the buses. Numerous effects are available and the list can easily evolve: reverb, shim, echo, chorus, phaser, flanger, etc... All routings (Wet, Dry, Feedback, Bus assignment) are done via VCAs and audio switches, there is no DSP routing in order to preserve a 100% analog signal path and allow pleasant saturations. The routing and some effect parameters are modulated by a dedicated LFO. The echo can be synchronized to the internal tempo of The Pool.
The Pool saves sounds and settings on MICRO SD Card. Their number is therefore almost unlimited. The saving/loading operations can be limited to effects, sequences, settings of a card or encompass the whole configuration of The Pool: you can thus take back a sequence or an effect setting that was created for another sound.
For inputs/outputs, The Pool is :
- One 6.35 stereo and XLR TRS master output
- One Bus 2 6.35 TS output
- One 6.35 Bus 1 stereo input/insert
- A 6.35 stereo input (merged into mono for insertion in front of the filters) with two selectable gains
- 2 CVs / Gates format 3.5mm configurable STrig or VTrig 5 or 10V, Volt/Octave or Hz/Volt
- 2 individually addressable Midi Out jacks
- 1 Midi In socket
- 1 Midi Thru socket
- 1 USB A Host socket, please provide a powered hub if the consumption of the connected devices exceeds 500mA.
- 1 USB B socket for DAW connection and cards updates.
The accessories are :
- 1 Meanwell universal external power supply 90W 15V 100-240V, 50/60 Hz (included)
- 1 LED 12V gooseneck light (included)
- 1 Flightcase (optional)
- 1 Lectern stand (optional)
- 1 Wall bracket (optional)
The dimensions of The Pool are 66 x 37 x 12 with a theoretical weight of less than 8 kg.
The final design of the case is not yet finalized. So the dimensions, the general shape and the silk-screen printing, except for some labels, will not change. For export purposes, it is likely that the sides will be made of molded/injected plastic or metal.
The Flightcase is optional, its price will be known once the box is designed.
Approximately, the shipping costs, with Add Valorem insurance, are :
- France 90-130€ excluding tax (UPS Express)
- Europe 180-250€ excl. tax (UPS Express)
- United States290-350€ excl. tax (UPS Express)
- Asia 350-550€ excl. tax (UPS Express)
For customers resident in a European Union country
The Pool is guaranteed for 2 years, parts and labor. It is important not to lose sight of the artisanal character of the instrument and of the company Baloran SAS: A major breakdown will be completely taken in charge, transport costs included. Some minor malfunctions can be solved by a partial disassembly / reassembly by the customer to avoid a complete return of the machine: change of a voice card, the FXs card. A documentation and an accessory kit are provided with the replacement card.
For customers resident in a country outside the European Union (Switzerland, USA, Canada etc ...)
The Pool is guaranteed for 2 years, parts and labor. It is important not to lose sight of the artisanal character of the instrument and of the company Baloran SAS: A major breakdown will be entirely taken in charge, transport costs included up to 220€ per journey (440€ per round trip), the remainder will be charged to the customer. The import taxes claimed by the customs at the return of the instrument will be charged to the customer. Some possible minor dysfunctions can be solved by a disassembly / partial reassembly made by the customer or the technician of his choice to avoid a complete return of the machine: change of a voice card, the FXs card. A documentation and an accessory kit are provided with the replacement card.
Baloran SAS will not be able to support an exceptional taxation of imports decided by the countries concerned.
If these conditions do not seem acceptable to you, which I readily understand, please do not order The Pool.